Cloud Engineering Boot Camp: An Insider’s Perspective
A cloud computing boot camp may be just what you need. These boot camps can teach students all the skills and technologies they need to enter a high-paying and fast-growing field.
In order to be fully prepared for a job in this industry, you need to find the right course. It should be one that works for your learning preferences, accommodates your needs, and offers good quality education. This is where a cloud computing boot camp comes in.
Luckily there are loads available, so you will easily find one that suits your personal preferences. Here is everything you need to know about cloud engineering boot camps:
Why You Should Enroll at a Cloud Computing Bootcamp
Cloud infrastructures and applications are always bringing new security challenges. And more and more companies are starting to move their workloads onto the cloud. This means that there is a higher demand for cloud security professionals.
These professionals can help these businesses identify threats and implement various security measures to mitigate the growing risks.
With your cloud security certification, you can do the following:
- Set yourself apart from all of the other candidates
- Get higher earning potential
- Validate your reasoning for asking for a promotion or pay raise
- Enter a great career path when you are new to cloud security
Registration will be different for every cloud computing BootCamp, institution, or company. It is best to thoroughly read through the registration requirements and information for your chosen institution. This way can be sure that you have all of the necessary documentation and that you apply on time.
When registering, some institutions may ask you to answer a few questions, and you may need to upload certain documents.
Who Should Enroll?
Anyone and everyone interested and serious about building a career as a cloud security professional should enroll. You can then obtain a certification aligned with your discipline of interest and career level.
It takes some seriously advanced skills to secure any critical assets in the cloud. Because of this, managers that are hiring will look out for candidates with valid certifications. So whether you want to upskill or are just starting your career, a cloud security boot camp can be highly beneficial.
Where Can I Find Cloud Engineering Bootcamps Near Me? Choose Your State:
What You Will Learn
The ultimate goal of a cloud security certification is to learn all of the fundamentals about identifying and mitigating risks and keeping data secure.
Each boot camp is different, and depending on your skill level and the certification you choose, you will learn the following:
- Knowledge of various data encryption methods
- Technical skills to manage, design, and secure applications, data, and infrastructure in the cloud
- The ability to make the right decisions regarding security, cost, and deployment complexity
- How to implement the appropriate security controls based on specific requirements
- A thorough understanding of infrastructure security and cloud architecture. And how to identity and access management (IAM), application security, and various other security operations
- Safely access and store data in the cloud
- The ability to build, design, and operationalize various data solutions
- Everything about the cloud domain
All of the skills that you will learn during a cloud computing bootcamp are dependent on the certification and training you are looking for. Various fundamentals courses require no prior experience with cloud computing. While the more advanced course will require at least five years of prior job experience.
No matter what level you enter the course with, you will learn about the following cloud computing skills:
- Designing solid cloud security programs that fully comply with various globally recognized standards
- An overview of the threats and risks of cloud computing
- Cloud Provider Selection
- The best practices for cloud incident response, identity and access management (IAM), data encryption, application security, and Security-as-a-Service.
- Performance testing
- Application Migration
- Identity Access Management
- Cloud Workloads
- Cloud Deployment
- Disaster Recovery
- Storage services
- Web Services and API
- Web Services and API
How You Will Benefit
A cloud computing bootcamp comes with loads of benefits. You can benefit from the following thanks to your cloud computing course:
- Interact with your cloud engineering BootCamp instructors who are skilled professionals in the industry.
- Get a cloud computing certification and become a certified engineer. You will be qualified to work in one of 15 of the highest-paying jobs in the IT industry.
- Get advice from experts and work at your own pace.
- Earn highly respected certifications.
- A cloud computing bootcamp is also more cost-effective when compared to various institutions.
- Hands-on learning as the curriculum is project-based.
- Benefit from flexible learning styles. Some courses offer online, in-person, or self-paced courses.
- Build up your resume and portfolio. All of the projects you complete during your cloud computing course can be used to showcase your skills and build up a great portfolio.
- Better networking opportunities as you get more exposure, which means that your chances of being hired are much higher.
Each cloud computing bootcamp will have different requirements. It all depends on the company or institution you decide to take the course through. It is always best to do ample research before applying. This way, you can be sure that you qualify in the first place and have all of your documentation and qualifications ready.
In general, these are some of the most common requirements for a cloud computing bootcamp:
- Some may require that you have a programming background, while others will not.
- You need to be at least 18 years or older and hold a high school diploma.
- Some courses may require that you have prior work experience, while others may not.
- Depending on the course you choose, you may be required to own a Windows machine.
- Basic computer skills.
The prerequisites will be different for every company or institution. But in general, you can expect to see the following:
- Have access to a Google Cloud Platform account.
- Basic IT and computer skills.
- Have a high school degree or higher.
- Have prior experience with the Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Curiosity to learn about the GCP and appetite for knowledge.
- A good understanding of the Google Cloud Console.
- This is not necessary, but it is a bonus: Provide services like Networks, VMS, VPCs, and data and storage services in the GCP.
Security Certifications You Will Acquire
Once you have completed your cloud computing BootCamp, you will receive a cloud security certification. It serves as a testament to your new technical skills and proves that you can protect your clients from any cyber threats.
In order to earn this certification, you will need to demonstrate a high degree of knowledge and skill. Especially in the cloud security field and all relevant technologies by passing your certification exams. You will learn everything you need to know during your cloud engineer BootCamp, so you will be fully prepared for these rigorous exams.
You can acquire the following security certifications (these are some of the top certifications):
Microsoft Certified Azure Security Engineer Associate:
The AWS certification is an IT industry standard for all cloud engineering and information security professionals. These are certifications from Amazon Web Services, which power thousands of applications worldwide. It will validate that you have all of the skills to understand cloud engineering and security best practices and certain procedures. It will also validate that you can develop applications on the platform, manage risks and assess the security of a wide range of services. For the Cloud Engineering pathway, Amazon recommends the Cloud Practitioner Foundational Certification, the SysOps Administrator Associate Certification and the Security Specialist Certification. For a deeper dive, you could also consider the DevOps Engineer Certification and the Advanced Networking Specialist Certification.
Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer:
The Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer offers one of the highest earning potentials when it comes to cloud security certification. This is a highly regarded qualification. It validates your ability to build, design, and properly operate secure infrastructure on GCP.
Potential Job Options After Completing the Course
You can go into various fields after completing the course and gaining the necessary cloud computing skills. The following are some potential job roles:
- Network Engineer
- Cloud Architect
- IT Support
- Solutions Architect
- Technical Sales
- Software Developer
- Cloud Engineer
Highly Accredited Cloud Engineering Bootcamps
There are various cloud computing bootcamps that you can choose from. It is always good to do some research on each and see which ones are better suited to your needs, experience, and your ultimate goals. The following are some of the best cloud computing bootcamps:
- Caltech Cloud Computing Bootcamp
- DevOps University
- Amagi Academy
- The Linux Foundation for Cloud Engineering
- Cloud Institute
Other than a BootCamp, you could also obtain a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or in any other field relating to it. It helps to major in network engineering, software engineering, and database management. It also helps to learn some coding, for which you can attend a coding boot camp.
You should learn programming languages and know that hands-on experience is highly beneficial. You could also get a master’s degree in Software Engineering. In order to become certified, you will need to gain the required experience and skills. You can earn this through graduate certificates, college, and certifications.
How long is the Caltech cloud computing bootcamp?
The Caltech cloud computing bootcamp can take around nine months from start to finish. The Caltech cloud computing bootcamp combines lectures with assisted practices for you to become an expert Cloud Architect. The BootCamp also allows you to implement your new skills with a Cloud Computing Capstone Project.
Are cloud bootcamps worth it?
A BootCamp is one of the best ways to accelerate your education in a specific field and up your skills. All it takes is finding the right BootCamp for you that will deepen your skillset, suits your calendar, and send you on the right career path. The skills you will learn from these courses are incredible. It certainly is worth it.
Do bootcamps look good on a resume?
Yes, they do. A BootCamp can highlight your education and skills, and it will show that you are dedicated and have a good work ethic. It looks very good when you have taken the time to undertake a rigorous and comprehensive program to better your skills.
What degree is best for cloud engineers?
A bachelor’s degree in an information technology field or any other related field is ideal. The standard majors for these degrees are computer networking, computer security, programming, computer science, and digital automation.
Once you thoroughly understand the cloud domain and have gained the necessary skillsets, a world of opportunity will open up for you. Obtaining this qualification will allow you to gain the skills and knowledge needed to launch a career in a highly respected and necessary field.
A cloud engineering BootCamp is a must if you are interested in the IT field. We cannot recommend it enough as it will make you stand out from other candidates and fully prepare you for the work you will be doing.